Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I switch from vista to XP on my Dell XPS and switch stern to vista when it is working better?

I merely bought Dell XPS with VISTA Premium. It seem to be slower and my son does not like it.It come with VISTA backup compact disc. Is it OK to downgrade to XP for now and upgrade to VISTA then using the backup VISTA cd.

Can I switch from vista to XP on my Dell XPS and switch stern to vista when it is working better?

Yes, but you will probably run into a few driver issues. You will need to format your knotty drive before you will know how to load XP.

What's wrong next to your Vista install? I found that with rather bit of tweaking Vista runs very all right. If you are having slow down problems I would guess that your system could use a bit more RSM. Vista Premium will run on a gig, but I own found that two gigs works much better. Open your Device Manager (Ctrl,Alt,Del) and click the Performance tab to see just how much of your existing system resources are man used. If it is close to the amount that you have installed, this is probably what is slowing down your domestic device. I say this because I hold been using Vista Home Pro. almost since it come out and it is the fasted, most stable operating system that I own ever used, and I've used them all, Win95 included.



Also you may want to turn stale User Controls. That gets rid of that damn Popup (If you started this operation.) Click Start/Control Panel/User accounts. Turn sour User Control
I would recommend VistaBootPro. It's free and will allow you to run XP and Vista on your laptop.



http://www.vistabootpro.org/

private rental homes

No comments:

Post a Comment