Friday, September 17, 2010

Can the x-rays at the airport destruction a PC Hard Drive???

I needed to take some stuff next to me out of the country..like my vids, music and files on my easier said than done drive. Since it's alot..(85GBs) I decided to thieve the whole drive. But I'm curious.when the airport scan my luggage..will the rays from the scanner damage my rugged drive??

Can the x-rays at the airport destruction a PC Hard Drive???

No, it won't hurt it. I have taken frozen drives and computers through airports many times and experienced no problems.



Think more or less it this way: The airport requires you to put adjectives your luggage through the scanner, and if they erased hard drives respectively time, they would get slammed next to more lawsuits than you can imagine. The airport would help yourself to great pains to make sure their equipment does not sprain your electronic luggage.
Possibly. Since it can damage electronics.
Hi Mr 88,



No,your unyielding drive won't be damaged. A unyielding drive can be damaged by strong fascinating fields but an Xray isn't strong plenty to hurt it.



Norm
Normally NO, as the drive case offer some shielding, BUT I treat electronics and ALL magnetic medium just similar to un-exposed film. I put it contained by a special lead daypack. When they can't scan it, (it shows as a big lump), they usually will ask me to open the luggage so it can be checked manually.



It take time, but I am always untimely, and better safe than sorry!!


No comments:

Post a Comment