Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can I Hook Up 2 routers? one Wired and One Wireless?

I hold a wireless router for my son's laptop and now my other son have a computer and wants internet but the wireless nouns sucks when he trys to play his games. So My question is can I Hook up a wireless router and a wired router to one cable modem? Will one interfere beside the other. This just seem like one big headache!

Can I Hook Up 2 routers? one Wired and One Wireless?

YOU NEED A PATCH CABLE LONG ENOUGH TO REACH SONS COMPUTER FROM DSL MODEM. ALSO SONS COMPUTER NEEDS TO HAVE ETHERNET CONNECTOR.

NEWER COMPUTERS HAVE THIS BUILT IN. CONNECT PATCH CABLE TO BOTH AND RUN NETWORK WIZARD SO SONS COMPUTER WILL RECOGNIZE THE NETWORK. SHOULD BE ALL THAT IS NEEDED.
The answer lies surrounded by how many ports your cable/dsl modem have. That would be ONE, so you can have ONE router. Just draw from one that has 1-4 wired ports and you are gold ingots.
Hi Most routers with 4 ports hold one labeled 'uplink' or some such. The allows you to link routers. Have the wired on first surrounded by the chain and I suggest that will work.
Cirric is correct use the uplink but watch your ip address. also you can use one computer as a server and interconnect the wireless to the server and that will work also..



Modem to router to computer to wireless the computer will have to own 2 network cards though

game rental service

No comments:

Post a Comment